Friday, January 8, 2010

New year's hopes and expectations:

A couple from eastern LI won the NY lotto this week, and a lot of thoughts have been running through my mind like, what would I do with 100 million dollars?

First off, I would pay off my parents mortgage and all of their debts. Then I will pay off my student loans, as well as Al's. I'd buy her an apartment in the city so she can finish up at FIT comfortably. I would pay off Steve's loans, and buy him a Porsche GT3, like he wanted. I would purchase a nice sized home with a view on the north shore, and a bungalow in Fire Island. I would also build NCC a multi-level (and well-lit) parking garage by the ABC clusters, made especially for the business department. Old Westbury would also get a large donation to their business department (but I'd make them sign a contract ensuring that the money doesn't go to faculty, but to student resources ONLY). I never trust anyone with money, especially after going to Half Hollow Hills my whole life where the residents pay some of the highest school taxes on Long Island and the students never saw a penny because it all went to the administration and their educational bureaucracy. But I suppose I would also invest some of the money, but keep a lot of it and pace myself with the spending. Hopefully then I won't end up like most of the major athletes and rap stars who spend their fortunes before they get them and end up broke. Excess isn't an issue for me, I prefer more modest approaches to wealth and prosperity, especially since it was that mentality that may be responsible for this global economic crunch we're in right now.

One thing that this new year brings (and that I'm so excited for) is TRON LEGACY. I think its coming out in December later this year, but oh my god. And Daft Punk will be doing the soundtrack for the movie which will probably make it completely amazing along with the cast and the graphics. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment